Coalition of Supporters Expanding Across Texas Business Community
Grow Rural Texas Jobs, a coalition of organizations united in support of the ?Texas Rural and Opportunity Zone Jobs Act? (HB 1000) – a measure developed to create jobs, encourage small business growth and spur local economic development in some of Texas? hardest-hit rural and opportunity zone communities – has added a digital advocacy initiative to its grass roots efforts in Austin.
Grow Rural Texas Jobs, supported by a growing group of business advocates and sponsored by State Representative Chris Paddie (Marshall) and Senator Kelly Hancock (North Richland Hills), today formally unveiled a website, www.GrowRuralTXJobs.com and twitter account @GrowRuralTXJobs to build awareness of the measure.
The launch of the website coincides with the recent passage of HB 1000 in the Texas House of Representatives on April 16. The bill now moves to the Senate.
?Our small businesses ? particularly those in rural and distressed communities ? are finding it difficult to secure the capital needed to grow and create good jobs,? said Paddie. ?This bill encourages job creation and local economic development, by facilitating access to private sector capital for small businesses, so that all Texans can succeed.?
Ab Basu of the Rural Jobs Coalition said: ?All across the U.S. we are seeing ideas sprout into rural economic opportunities. However, grass roots advocacy needs a digital boost and in a state such as Texas those who live in remote and rural areas are using digital pathways to be heard in the corridors of the statehouse.?
Among the organizations supporting the measure are:
- Texas Economic Development Council
- Texas Farm Bureau
- Texas Association of Business
- Texas Association of Health Plans
- Texas Association of Manufacturers
- Texas Citrus Industry
- Texas Oil and Gas Association
- Texas Seed Trade Association
- Permian Basin Petroleum Association
- Texas Chemical Council
- Texas and Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association
- National Federation of Independent Business
- Texas Agricultural Cooperative Council
- Texas Ag Industries Association
- Texas Independent Producers and Royalty Owners Association
- Texas Association of Dairymen
- Texas Grain and Feed Association
The website (www.GrowRuralTXJobs.com) provides one-stop, around-the-clock access to the latest issues, news and details related to the effort to create and retain quality jobs, promote private sector investment and make Texas business more competitive.
Contact: ?Craig Casselberry